Terms and Conditions
We want all parents to get the chance to use and enjoy our carriers safely so for all loans we’ll ask that you read and agree to our Terms and Conditions. We update our Terms and Conditions periodically, and so printed or PDF versions may not match those below. This web page contains the most current and complete version of our Terms and Condition.
If you need any further explanation or help, please just ask by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Happy Sling Lady Library Terms and Conditions:
- Loan Form/MyTurn
- A paper or electronic loan form must be completed for each carrier you borrow with your full name, address and contact details, loan charges, deposit values, return method and due date. Please provide current, accurate contact information. An electronic copy of these Terms and Conditions, including details of your hire will also be completed for you to keep.
- Loan Cost and Duration
- All carriers are lent subject to availability, condition and suitability.
- The standard loan period is 4 weeks. Each carrier loan costs £15 for up to 4 weeks. The minimum charge for any sling or carrier loan is £5.
- At our discretion you may arrange to borrow a carrier for a shorter or longer period. For additional days beyond the normal 4 week period that have been fully agreed on the loan form in advance we charge £0.50 per day or £4 per week
- A fully refundable deposit OR authorised card details are required for each loan. The deposit amount is dependent on the value of the carrier or accessory being borrowed and will be returned in full following the timely return of the carrier or accessory undamaged with all instructions and any additional accessories.
- The replacement of any lost carriers, accessories or instructions will be paid for out of your deposit. Charges for missing instructions will be between £2 (for photocopied instructions) to £12 (for the most comprehensive booklets). Charges for lost components will be equal to replacement cost (including any postage costs). Charges for items damaged beyond normal wear and tear will be judged on a case by case basis.
- For the storage of card details, you authorise the Happy Sling Lady to charge my credit card above for agreed upon purchases to include the agreed amount [dependent on the value of the carrier or accessory being borrowed] deducted in the event of a lost, damaged, late or unreturned carrier or accessory. You will always be notified before any charges are made.
- Payment Methods
- Loan costs are payable by cash, card, BACS or PayPal payment. For renewals, bank transfers are also acceptable.
- Deposits may be given as cash or PayPal payment (or bank transfer if made in advance), and are refunded by the method given.
- Late Returns and Loan Extensions
- It is often possible to renew your loan for an additional 4 week period (unless the carrier is in high demand), with payment made by PayPal or bank transfer. Please email email@example.com to arrange a loan extension.
- If you return your carrier after the agreed date we will charge £1 per day late fees for every day past the agreed returns due date until the date that you contact us and agree a resolution. These fees will be deducted from your deposit.
- Under adverse or unforeseen circumstances we may reduce or waive fines for late returns as long as the late period is less than 7 days and has been agreed by us before the end of the loan period.
- If we do not hear from you within 30 days from the end of your original loan period, we will consider the carrier lost and keep your full deposit.
- If you are unable to return your carrier by the agreed date due to Library staff illness or holidays, we will extend your loan period for free and agree a new returns due date with you.
- Returning Carriers
- Returns can be made during Library Open Sessions or by prior arrangement at a mutually convenient time and location.
- Please ensure that the carrier, instructions and any accessories are returned together.
- Condition of the Carrier
- All carriers are checked before lending to ensure that they are in good condition and working order. The borrower may check the condition of the carrier prior to the start of the loan and must confirm on the loan form that it is in working order.
- It is the borrower’s responsibility to check over the carrier before every use. Check all buckles, hems and seams ensuring that there are no tears, breaks, cracks or holes. If any damage is discovered, please stop using the carrier immediately and contact us.
- Safe Use of Carriers
- ALL CARRIERS ARE EXTREMELY SAFE WHEN USED PROPERLY, HOWEVER MISUSE CAN CAUSE INJURY TO YOURSELF OR YOUR CHILD. IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO ENSURE THAT YOU ARE USING THE CARRIER CORRECTLY AND THAT YOUR BABY OR CHILD IS SAFE AT ALL TIMES WHEN USING THE CARRIER. The Happy Sling Lady cannot be held responsible for any accident that results in injury or death whilst the carrier is in your care.
- All carriers are provided with instructions for safe use. If, for any reason they are not supplied, it is the borrower’s responsibility to ask for a copy of the instructions. On occasion, we may only be able to provide you with an online link to manufacturer’s instructions; in this case, we may also give you printed instructions for a similar carrier. For convenience, links to web page or pdf copies of instructions for all of our carriers may be found on the website: http://happyslinglady.co.uk
- The borrower must read all safety, use and care instructions provided prior to using the carrier. Carriers must only be used in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions, though where there is a choice we may recommend particular carrying methods or positions.
- We suggest that after familiarising yourself with the instructions given you then practice using the carrier with a doll/teddy or cushion/pillow so that you get used to the tying/fastening/adjusting methods.
- Always ensure that you seat your child correctly in the carrier and check any knots regularly as children do not stay still and straps and wrap passes can move or become loosened.
- If you feel any pain while using the carrier, change the carrying position or remove the carrier and contact us for advice.
- If you are unsure about anything you read in the instructions, are not sure what you’re doing or are at all concerned, please ask us. We can point you in the direction of lots of helpful sites to give you tips to make sure you’re getting the best out of the carrier and using it safely.
- Care of Carriers
- Under no circumstances is smoking permitted whilst wearing or holding the carrier. Please inform us if you are a smoker, or if there is a smoker in your home as we will need to carefully launder the carrier after it is returned. Smoking is known to increase the risk of cot death for babies, and these risks have been linked to babies being in close contact with clothing or objects contaminated with smoke particles.
- We cannot guarantee that there are no marks or hairs on the carriers we lend. Carriers are spot-cleaned and only laundered if necessary as freshly washed carriers will not be as soft or flexible as those that are not. If you would prefer to use a freshly laundered carrier please request this before you borrow.
- Please therefore avoid washing the carrier, though do spot clean any marks when they occur using washing up liquid and water. If you feel it is necessary that the carrier is cleaned while on loan to you, please contact us first for advice.
- We cannot guarantee that there are no animal hairs on our carriers, but we ask that all carriers are kept away from pets to minimise this possibility. If you are very allergic to animal hairs, please request that the carrier be laundered before you borrow it to help reduce any potential reaction.
- Food and posset marks are expected when carrying children, but please keep the sling away from anything that may stain more permanently (oil, paint, pens, etc.), or anything that might damage it (scissors, Velcro, keys in your bag, fire, etc.). The cost of damage beyond normal wear and tear may be removed from your deposit.
- Data Protection and Privacy
A. All data provided by you on this form or via online messaging will be used for the sole purpose of providing the sling hire service and follow up care.
B. Your name, email address and telephone number may be stored on our website hosts email service as part of usual communications.
C. The data will be kept for 7 years in a secure location as required by our insurance company and will not be transferred to third parties excluding those detailed above.
D. If you wish your data to be removed before 12 months please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- All slings, carriers, instructions and accessories remain the property Brianna Dymond/Happy Sling Lady at all times, and all loans are subject to availability and our discretion.